Terrybear Urns® designs beautiful and affordable urns that funeral industry professionals have come to know and appreciate. The handcrafting processes of two of our most popular product lines are summarized below.
Brass Urns -
- Each urn is crafted by hand using a sand-casting process that is hundreds of years old.
- Most urns are constructed with a minimum of three separate brass parts that are cast and welded together by hand.
- Depending on the design, an urn may go through as many as seven processes before inspection and packaging.
- In each process, the urns are individually handled; there is no mass production.
Cloisonné Urns -
- Each urn is crafted by hand using a comprehensive and sophisticated process involving hammering of copper pieces to form the shapes.
- Copper filigree is used to form delicate floral patterns and enamel is used to fill and develop rich shades of color.
- Cloisonné urns are gilded in gold to add elegance, and several high temperature heat processes are involved in creating these beautiful cremation urns.
Handcrafting Terrybear® urns is, in most cases, a family business that has been handed down for many generations. Each urn will have its own uniqueness and minor variations in color, finish and engraved pattern - no two Terrybear® urns are exactly alike!